Become a Member
Our credit union is for people, not for profit!
The Board of Directors appoints a Membership Committee annually to encourage potential new members to join Kanturk Credit Union and to ensure that all applicants are eligible for membership in accordance with Credit Union Rules. Applicants seeking membership of the Credit Union must either be resident or employed within the common bond of the Credit Union. The common bond of Kanturk Credit Union includes the parishes of Kanturk, Lismire, Banteer, Castlemagner, Kilbrin, Dromtarriffe, Freemount and Tullylease.
Members of a credit union enjoy many benefits, including:
No fees - Free Services - Convenience - Community Benefits
- There are no account fees, maintenance costs or charges
- We have a wide range of financial services available with a variety of discounts and free services for members
- Competitive loan interest rates
- Encouragement and advice on a regular savings programme
- Return on your savings through annual dividends and loan interest rebate
- Pay into your savings or pay off your loan by standing order without calling in
- Loan Protection, Life Savings and Death Benefit insurance at no direct cost to eligible members
How do I Join?
Joining is Easy! Eligibility for membership of Kanturk Credit Union Limited is defined by our Common Bond, which includes people residing or employed in the parishes of Kanturk, Lismire, Banteer, Castlemagner, Kilbrin, Dromtarriffe, Freemount and Tullylease.
The common bond is the factor which unites all the members of Kanturk Credit Union Limited - it is what all members have in common i.e. where they live. Because of the common bond, all members have the good of their credit union at heart; they know and trust each other.
You need to present 3 forms of identification to join and a minimum of €10 is needed to open the account and keep the it activated.
Three forms of identification.
One form of ID from each of the sections below is required:
- Evidence of Identification (must show proof of date of birth & recent photo), i.e. Current valid Passport, current valid Driving Licence, ML 10
- Evidence of Address (must show address where you currently live), i.e. Original of recent Household Bill (e.g. ESB, Phone) or Bank or Building Society Statement.
- Proof of PPS Number