Kanturk Credit Union is for people, not for profit!
Members of Kanturk Credit Union enjoy many benefits, including:
No fees - Free Services - Convenience - Community Benefits
- There are no account fees, maintenance costs or charges
- We have a wide range of financial services available with a variety of discounts and free services for members
- Competitive loan interest rates
- Encouragement and advice on a regular savings programme
- Return on your savings through annual dividends and loan interest rebates
- Pay into your savings or pay off your loan by a standing order or direct debit without calling into the office
- Loan Protection, Life Savings and Death Benefit insurance at no direct cost to eligible members
- Full online banking and mobile app facility available on our website and on both Apple & Android App stores
New members joining from 1st April 2021 - Savings Cap of €5,000 per member (€10,000 for joint accounts).
Existing members (that joined prior to 1st April 2021) - Savings Cap of €15,000 per member (€30,000 for joint accounts) from 1st June 2021.
How do I Join?
Joining is Easy! To be eligible for membership of Kanturk Credit Union Limited you must be living or working within our common bond area.
The common bond is the factor which unites all the members of Kanturk Credit Union - it is what all members have in common, where they live. Because of the common bond, all members have the good of Kanturk Credit Union at heart; they know and trust each other.
You need to present 3 forms of identification to join and a minimum of €6.35 is needed to open the account and keep the it activated.
Three forms of identification
One form of ID from each of the sections below is required:
- Evidence of Identification - must show proof of date of birth & a photo. For example, a valid Passport, a valid Driving Licence, a valid Age Card or an ML 10 form.
- Evidence of Address - must show the address where you currently live and be dated within the previous 6 months. For example, a Household Bill or Bank Statement.
- Proof of PPS Number - in the form of a social services card, revenue letter or a payslip.
For savers large and small, your Credit Union is where you belong.